- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointWhistler, Whistler, British Columbia
• 9am (meet guide at Escape Route Alpine Demo Centre - 4433 Sundial Place) • 1pm (meet guide at Whistler Mountaintop Office) Directions: To get to our mountaintop office please take the Whistler Gondola all the way to the top (the second stop).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Choose from a morning or afternoon departure time from the mountaintop office at Mountain Skills Academy. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure. Meet the guide, sign a waiver, and get outfitted with glacier travel gear, including boots, crampons, and ice axe. Then take the Whistler Gondola for a 30-minute ride to the glacier.
Walk across a beautiful alpine snow slope or a breathtaking glacial morraine and wildflower meadow (depending on the time of year and the corresponding mountain conditions) while approaching the Whistler bowl and glacier. Look up to see the 2,160-meter Whistler Peak. Along the way, learn how the last ice age interacted with the terrain to form the beautiful coastal mountain ranges.
This popular tour is great for people of all ages and abilities, and especially fun for families with children eight years of age and older.
As is the case with all activities in the Canadian Alpine, each day is subject to rapidly changing mountain conditions. Check with the staff beforehand to see what the forecast is for any particular day.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- What to bring: Hiking shoes, gloves, small backpack, water, snacks, rain jacket
- Suitable for beginners
- Fitness level: average
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola Ticket is required and not included (unless chosen Peak 2 Peak) Package.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Whistler Glacier Discovery Tour.