- Explore BC backcountry in the Callaghan Valley
- Drive a snowmobile along beginner-friendly trails
- See an abandoned gold mine site
- All necessary equipment and cold weather gear included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Please check in 30 minutes in advance at the Canadian Wilderness Adventures Reservations Desk, located downstairs in the Carleton Lodge, 4280 Mountain Square, Whistler BC
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Leave Whistler Village for Callaghan Valley, a 20- to 25-minute trip to the south. Upon arrival, you’ll be fitted with a full-face helmet and goggles, as well as boots and cold-weather gear as needed.
Start with a short training session on how to handle a snowmobile—a guide will also be on hand throughout the day, and you’ll be exploring terrain that’s a good fit for beginning riders. Set out along a snowmobile trail through the Callaghan Valley, watching for wildlife as you ride through the forest, which opens up to great views across the valley.
Your turnaround point is the NorthAir gold mine, where tons of gold was extracted from the earth before the mine closed down in the 1980s. After some time to see the abandoned site, begin the return trip to the trailhead for return transfer to Whistler Village.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All Drivers must be 19 years old with a full, valid driver's license.
- Minimum age to ride with an adult is 5 years old (and fits our smallest helmet).
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Mandatory $25 Collision Coverage fee per driver (payable direct on the day of your tour)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Canadian Wilderness Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff