Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Spend a day kayaking in the beautiful Gulf Islands
- Discover the most diverse collection of marine wildlife in the world
- Fly on a seaplane from Vancouver to Saltspring Island
- Enjoy a barbecue picnic lunch on the beach
- Round-trip transportation included
Departure & Return
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Begin with a courtesy pickup from any Vancouver hotel or residence, then get whisked away by a seaplane to beautiful Saltspring Island.
The Gulf Islands are located in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the mainland of British Columbia. Teeming with a wide variety of invertebrates, fish and sea mammals, this is one of the most diverse areas for marine wildlife in the world.
Embark on a kayak trip while trained guides explain the sights and sounds of the region. This leisurely paddle is suitable for all skill levels. Just bring an enthusiasm for the spectacular British Columbia wilderness while looking for whales, harbor seals, river otters, sea lions, seagulls, eagles, cormorants, oyster catchers, pigeon guillemots and more.
Enjoy a break at tiny Twin Island, a marine park with spectacular views of the inlet. A 3-course, barbecue picnic lunch includes freshly grilled salmon, then take time for a swim or nap before a return trip to Vancouver via seaplane.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of two adults is required for a trip
- A booking for single traveler is not available for this trip
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- All travelers full names and gender required at time of booking
- Must bring 1 piece of government issued photo ID like Passport or driver license,citizenship card and non photo ID like Birth certificate, Social Insurance Number (SIN) card, Provincial Health card. one must have passenger’s name, date of birth and gender.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lotus Land Tours Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms