Departure & Return
Take a thrilling boat ride and watch for whales in Barkley Sound – all in one day! The tour starts off with an exciting half hour ride by cruiser boat in the early morning with our kayaks, guide and gourmet picnic lunch. On route to the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve guests will have the opportunity to take in the spectacular scenery of rocky bluffs with wind whipped trees, sights of the open Pacific Ocean, a noisy sea lion colony, and a historic native whaling beach. We watch for gray and humpback whales as we travel across Barkley Sound. Whale spotting is all about anticipation, and sightings are truly memorable, so if you watch closely you may get a chance to see whales and other marine life throughout the season. On one of the hundred islands in the park amongst the quiet coves and sheltered bays, our guide prepares everyone for a day of adventure. Kayaks are set up for each person, seats and pedals adjusted. Lessons are given and safety concerns and procedures are explained. After a few hours in the morning we will stop on one of the nearby sandy beaches for a gourmet buffet style picnic lunch. As the day progresses, your guide will introduce you to some of the fascinating natural and cultural history of the Broken Group Islands, traditional home to the Tseshaht First Nation. Your guide will lead the tour and is in charge of safety at all times. Guests having difficulty will receive extra assistance when required. We travel as a group and stay close together, if there is a slow paddler we must wait for them, strong paddlers must stay with the group. You might see wildlife such as eagles, shore birds, sea lions, seals, mink, river otters, and rich and colourful intertidal life. We will weave in and out of the many islands and get in close to look at everything. We may choose to take a short hike into the old growth forest at one of our stops. Our cruiser boat will pick us up on the other side of the Broken Group Islands in the afternoon to have us back in Ucluelet with an estimated arrival time of 4:30 pm.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Majestic Ocean Kayaking
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms