- Moderate-level hiking shore excursion along the Chilkoot Trail from Skagway
- Active trek through a temperate rain forest, learning about wildlife and vegetation from a knowledgeable guide
- Hop aboard a rubber raft and float downstream through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
- Keep an eye out for signs of possible wildlife, including bears, eagles and seals
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Please meet at the tour waiting area of your ship pier outside security gates. The representative will be holding a Skagway Float Tours sign. Please be there 10 minutes before departure time.
What To Expect
Along the way, look for local wildlife and plants, and hear engaging tales about Skagway and the Klondike Gold Rush. The Chilkoot Trail provided the most direct route between the Skagway/Dyea area and the Klondike Gold Fields around Dawson City in the Yukon. During your hike, you’ll be retracing part of the same path that prospectors of long-ago took to get around Skagway's White Pass Trail and arrive at the Yukon River.
Then, climb aboard a rubber raft seating maximum 11 passengers and drift along the Taiya River, which flows parallel to the Chilkoot Trail. Your river float takes you through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Keep your eyes peeled and listen for possible wildlife, including otters, eagles, bears and salmon. (Note: Wildlife sightings though possible are not guaranteed)
Wrap up your rafting journey with a riverbank snack.
Your Chilkoot tour ends with transport back to Skagway's cruise terminal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please see voucher for details regarding your departure point
- Please note: this is an active tour, so it is recommended to be in good physical condition and wear sturdy walking shoes with good traction
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Maximum per raft/group is 11
- Minimum age is 5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No Joint problems or balance issues
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Skagway Float Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.