2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Soak up gorgeous landscapes aboard a smooth-sailing 26-foot Glacier Bay catamaran on this whale-watching shore excursion from Sitka. For two hours, a seasoned captain takes a small group limited to just six passengers to prime spots to watch for humpbacks, gray whales, porpoises, seals and an array of birds. Learn about the marine life you see, and return to your ship with memorable shots of wildlife in action.
- 2-hour whale-watching tour from Sitka
- Spot whales and other marine life on a tour from one of Alaska's most picturesque and historic communities
- Travel in a comfortable catamaran specially designed to navigate these waters and view the wildlife from indoor and outdoor viewing decks
- Look for humpback and gray whales, sea lions, seals, porpoises, sea otters and more than 280 bird species
- Learn from your expert local captain about the abundant marine life in the Pacific Ocean surrounding Sitka
- Enjoy a customized tour in a small group with a maximum of six people
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
2-hour whale-watching and marine life tour by catamaran
18 years experience amazing visitors!
Live commentary on board
Custom, small-group tour
Snacks & bottled water
Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Departure & Return
330 Harbor Dr, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
330 Harbor Drive
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes as the weather in Sitka is always different. The boat is heated for your comfort, but you will want to get out and enjoy the fresh air.
- ALL tours start at Harrigan Centennial Hall 330 Harbor Drive Sitka Alaska 99835.
- A maximum of 6 people (children and babies included) per booking
- Please note: Wildlife sightings are very likely but are not guaranteed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests must be able to step on/off boat and depending on the tide, navigate a steep wooden gangway that leads to the dock. The boat is not wheelchair accessible. Due to seat availability, as well as guest safety and comfort, passengers weighing 250 pounds (113 kilograms or 18 stone) will have to purchase an additional seat to reserve adequate space onboard the ship
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sitka Wildlife Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Sitka Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching and Marine Life Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Sitka Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching and Marine Life Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sitka Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching and Marine Life Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Sitka Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching and Marine Life Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCatamaran Cruises Water ToursPorts of Call ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSitkaShore Excursions - AlaskaCatamaran Cruises - AlaskaWater Tours - AlaskaPorts of Call Tours - AlaskaCategory