- 90-minute dog sledding ride by helicopter from Seward
- Get aerial views of the Godwin Glacier during the short helicopter ride
- Learn about dog sledding, the Alaskan state sport
- Play with Husky puppies at the mushers camp
Departure & Return
Guests traveling by vehicle are encouraged to meet at our departure location (20 minutes before departure), which is only a few minutes drive from downtown Seward. Free parking is available to the front and side of our office, spots are even large enough for RVs.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your helicopter lands at the professional mushers camp where you meet your sledding guide. The team of 25 huskies waits to carry you across the snow fields on a 2-mile (3.2-km) ride. Learn how dog sledding developed for travel and hunting during the harsh winters, and hear about competitive dog sledding races that take place in Alaska.
After your ride, warm up with a hot beverage and have the chance to play with some adorable Husky puppies. Then climb aboard your helicopter for the short flight back to Seward.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to FAA regulations there is a 290lb weight limit per seat including any gear a guest is carrying
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Seats and helicopters are assigned based on balancing the weight of the helicopter for safety, although an effort is made to accommodate guest preference
- Child pricing is for those under 12 years old and infants are considered babies under 24 months
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Seward Helicopter Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands