- Half-day whale watching cruise from Seward
- Sail Resurrection Bay in search of migrating gray whales
- Learn why the whales visit here each spring via the onboard commentary
- Watch for gray whales, orcas, humpbacks, porpoises, and other wildlife
- Look for bears, goats, and blue glaciers along the mountainous shores
- Tea, coffee, and water, plus use of binoculars included
- Snacks and drinks available from on-board bar (own expense)
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Major Marine Tours Check-In Desk at Harbor 360 Hotel Address: 1412 4th Ave. Seward, Alaska 99664
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, board your ship, and after a safety briefing, gaze back at Seward as you sail into Resurrection Bay. From March through May, the bay is visited by Californian gray whales as they make their annual journey north from Baja, California to the Bering Sea. Your cruise will travel 55 miles (88.5 kilometres) along the coast in search of sightings.
Listen to the on-board commentary about the whales, and scan the seas using the supplied binoculars. With luck, enjoy sightings: unforgettable views of these majestic mammals in their natural habitat.
Watch, too, for humpback and orca whales, Dall’s porpoises, seals, and sea otters, and perhaps spot bears and mountain goats with their young on the rocky shores.
Look for glaciers as you trace the coastline, seeing the blue ice of Bear Glacier, a Piedmont Glacier, and Kenai Fjords National Park’s biggest glacier, all nestled in the mountains.
As you cruise, enjoy included tea, coffee, and water, and any refreshments you’ve brought aboard. Wine, beer, and snacks can be purchased on board (own expense).
Your cruise finishes when your ship docks at Seward.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Major Marine Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands