- Electric bicycle tour of Venice and Santa Monica
- Cruise along Venice Beach and the Venice canals
- See the Santa Monica Pier
- Choose pedal power or electric power with the flick of a switch
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Address: Pedal Or Not electric bike tours 214 Pier Avenue* (just east of Main Street) Santa Monica, CA 90405 *Pier Avenue is 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) south of the Santa Monica Pier NOT AT THE SANTA MONICA PIER Directions: 10 Freeway West (Santa Monica Freeway) and exit at 1B/Lincoln Blvd. Turn LEFT at Lincoln Blvd. From Beverly Hills or Hollywood take Olympic Blvd West to Lincoln Blvd, stay in left lane and turn LEFT onto Lincoln Blvd • Turn right onto Ocean Park Blvd. • Turn left onto Main St. • Turn left onto Pier Ave. (one-way St.)PARKING From 214 Pier Avenue: • Turn right on 2nd Street • Turn left on Marine The parking lot entrance is 100 ft on right hand side and is approx. $7 on weekdays and $10 on weekends. Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your bike adventure in Santa Monica with either a morning or afternoon departure time. Meet your guide and climb aboard your bike to begin your ride. Your ride for the day is a Pedego beach cruiser, a typical Southern California ride that's been modified with an electric motor. Choose to pedal as you would a normal bike, or flip the switch to turn on the electric motor and just enjoy a relaxing ride. Your bike includes six gears as well as high-end disc brakes, lithium ion battery and 500-watt motor that ensure you'll have no problem keeping up.
Start out your ride by traversing Santa Monica's iconic beach, heading towards the Marion Davies Guesthouse, past the Santa Monica Pier and then on to Venice, where you'll cycle around its famous canals. Enjoy the beautiful sun and cool beach weather as your guide shares fascinating details about the neighborhoods' architecture and history along the way. Finish your cycling trip back at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- MUST BE COMFORTABLE RIDING A BIKE
- Minimum age is 13 years and must be 5 foot tall and minimum 100 lbs
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Children aged 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend you wear closed toed shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses and bring a jacket (all bikes have a basket)
- Tours do not operate in rain
- Important: The tour requires a minimum number of passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring you will be provided with an alternate option or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pedal or Not
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Bikes are very easy to use once you get the hang of them." See review