Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided canyoneering adventure at North Wash
- Rappel, climb, and squeeze through narrow slot canyons
- Technical gear and buffet lunch provided
- Round-trip transport to the canyons from Moab
Departure & Return
Your one-day North Wash Canyoneering trip departs at 7:00 AM from NAVTEC Expeditions. Our office is located at 321 N. Main Street in Moab, UT. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. After a full day in the canyon we return to our office at about 7:30 PM.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival at the North Wash canyons, you'll receive a harness, helmet, and ropes along with a safety briefing and technical training to ensure proper use of the equipment. Your licensed guide will select a route that fits the skill level, abilities, and experience of the group. Explore the beauty of these magnificent slot canyons as you learn or practice rappelling, climbing, squeezing, and shimmying through unrelenting narrows and perhaps splashing and swimming in the water.
Part of the charm of these canyons is the short approach hikes, usually around 1,000 feet (305 meters) of elevation on slickrock domes. The canyoneering routes vary between 5–7 hours, depending on the group.
Feast on a buffet-style lunch including ice water and lemonade before return transport to your starting point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- What to bring: Hiking shoes, day pack, hair tie (for long hair), sun screen, lip balm, reusable water bottle, sunglasses with securing strap and your camera (carried at your own risk)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY NAVTEC Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.