10 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Road to Hana is a 64-mile (103-kilometer) stretch of highway along Maui’s eastern coast that boasts incredible views. Forget the hassle of renting a car and trying to navigate the highway and book a private tour so you can relax and enjoy the views. Choose from two different tour tours to better suit the interests of you and your group or customize your own itinerary with your driver-guide.
- Explore the stunning Road to Hana on a full-day tour
- Stop at colorful beaches, swim at waterfalls, and more
- Feel free to customize your own itinerary for the day
- A private guide and vehicle ensure a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Extra towels, first aid kit, Dramamine, hand wipes, hand sanitizer
Mosquito repellant, trekking poles, head lights, underwater lights
Umbrellas, paper towels, trash bags, & other necessities
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Lahaina, Kaanapali & Kapalua (West Maui) Hotel Guests: Meet at Kahului Park & Ride: Kuihelani Hwy, Kahului, HI 96732 (adjacent to Hwy/cross street Puunene-just before light), due to length and distance of tour. In addition, we pick-up in Kihei and Paia. We do not pick up at Kahului airport due to restrictions.
- Kahului Harbor
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- A maximum of 13 people per booking.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring sturdy shoes for uneven surfaces, preferably all-in-one shoes for getting wet and crossing waterfall streams
- Bring bathings suits for optional swimming
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility issues
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Makana Maui Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Road to Hana Tours?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Road to Hana Tours?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Road to Hana Tours?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Road to Hana Tours?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
What is the maximum group size during Road to Hana Tours?
A:This activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Road to Hana Tours.
See all safety measures taken by Road to Hana Tours.
Still Have Questions?
- "Worth every penny- our guide was friendly and patient, allowing the kids to spend a little extra time in some places and skip others to make this a truly personalized tour." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeExtremePorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMauiShore Excursions - Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiHiking - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiPorts of Call Tours - HawaiiShore Excursions - Oahu4WD Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuBus Tours - OahuHiking - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuExtreme - OahuPorts of Call Tours - OahuShore Excursions - Big Island of Hawaii4WD Tours - Big Island of HawaiiSporting Events - Big Island of HawaiiBus Tours - Big Island of HawaiiHiking - Big Island of HawaiiNature and Wildlife - Big Island of HawaiiExtreme - Big Island of HawaiiPorts of Call Tours - Big Island of HawaiiCategory
Waihee Ridge TrailHana Lava Tube (Ka'eleku Caverns)Wailea BeachHonolua BayKaʻanapaliʻIao Valley State MonumentWaileaKahuluiSurfing Goat DairyOcean Vodka Organic Farm and DistilleryPuaʻa Kaʻa State Wayside ParkLa Perouse BayHanaHanakao'o Beach ParkKapalua Ali'i Kula Lavender FarmUlupalakua Ranch Kalaupapa National Historical Park Lanai IslandPipiwai Trail