- Paddle along the Makena coastline
- Snorkel in Makena Bay
- Close encounters with marine life
- Guided nature hike through Old Hawaii to evocative ancient ruins
Departure & Return
Check in 7:00am - Appx 40 yards South of address, look for kayak trailers, park roadside and ask for Kelii's Kayak Tours.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you reach a protected cove, link up the kayaks and splash in the water for the chance to snorkel with sea turtles, also passing through colorful schools of indigenous tropical fish.
After 2.5 hours of playing in the ocean, lace up your boots and take a hike through remnants of Old Hawaii. Walk through the site of Maui’s last lava flow from 220 years ago, and along with a native cultural guide, explore Hawaiian sites and ruins still dotted along the coast.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (4 passengers minimum). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Tours take place weather permitting.
- Paddling distance is approximately 2 miles plus 2.5 mile hike on level terrain. Snorkel time is approximately 45 minutes.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Keliis Kayak Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands