- Paddle down Kauai's only navigable river and weave through the verdant greenery
- Hike through the dense forest and arrive at a secluded waterfall
- Swim in the cool, pristine waters at the base of the waterfall
- The early Polynesian culture is represented here, steeped in a colorful past, rich with rock-wall terracing, legends and lore.
Departure & Return
*Wailua River Marina - Kayak Kauai Store (MEET AT THE BUILDING - NOT LAUNCH AREA) Please check-in 15 minutes early NO TRANSPORATION
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After about 45 minutes of paddling, disembark on the riverbank for a 1-mile (1.6-km) guided nature hike through the tropical forest. You’ll reach a waterfall where a 200-foot (60-meter) cascade empties into a natural pool below. Cool off with a refreshing dip in the clear waters, and soak up the lush island scenery. Enjoy a provided picnic lunch in the midst of these peaceful surroundings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WHAT TO BRING: Sun Protection, Light Shirt, Bathing Suit, Towel and a Change of clothes
- Footwear for a trail that can be muddy and trekking through water (aqua socks or tennis shoes)
- Place your lunch choice: (turkey, salami, roast beef, ham or veggie). Vegan and/or gluten free requests can be accommodated. Please be sure to notate if you require a vegan or gluten free meal.
- Not recommended for ages 70 and older unless in good physical shape. The Guide determines if the guest is capable and safe. We can refuse the right allow guest to do the hiking portion of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY DBA: Kayak Kauai
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Wailua River Kayak and Sacred Fall Hike Adventure.