- Whale watching and Mendenhall Glacier combo tour
- Flexible morning tour durations ideal for timed shore excursions
- Multiple departures throughout the day to best suit your schedule
- Round-trip transportation from Mt. Roberts Tramway included
Departure & Return
Meeting location is the Mount Roberts Tramway. Our representatives will be wearing bright blue hats that say "Juneau Tours" and holding signs that say "Juneau Tours and Whale Watch."
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With the help of your guide, spotting whales during your cruise is a breeze. The captain will announce a sighting and slow the boat so you can get that perfect photo from the deck, and an on-board naturalist can provide additional information and answer any of your questions about Alaskan wildlife.
Then, continue to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center. Enjoy free time taking photos or walking down the hiking and nature trails, choosing a flexible departure time best suited to your schedule. A shuttle departs from the glacier to the Mt. Roberts Tramway every 30 minutes, making this tour well-suited for tight schedules.
Please note: Afternoon tours are reversed: The first stop is Mendenhall Glacier and includes and appointed pickup time, followed by a whale watching tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour time is a check-in time; departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a “Downtown” shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the name of their ship
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- No food is allowed at the Mendenhall Glacier.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately in layers and for the likely chance of rain. It is recommended that you wear warm layered clothing, a waterproof jacket and comfortable slip-proof shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- *This combination tour does not work for any Norweigan Joy passengers due to the early all aboard and also major construction in Juneau
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Juneau Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.