Explore our promoted experiences
- Kayak in one of the most abundant humpback whale feeding grounds in Alaska
- Stop on an island beach for snacks and exploring tide pools
- See a remote part of Alaska that is missed by most travelers
- The tour includes hassle-free pickup and drop-off from select hotels and central meeting points
Departure & Return
The “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area, including the majority of cruise ship passengers.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- All passenger shoe sizes advised at time of booking
- All passenger rain gear sizes advised at time of booking
- Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- PLEASE NOTE, we cannot guarantee whale or wildlife sightings. This is Wild Alaska!
- All Clients will be outfitted in double and must know how to swim. Clients should be able to confidently paddle for up to 2 hours.
- Participants must inform ABAK of all dietary issues or restrictions. ABAK can accommodate some dietary restrictions, but do not advise this tour for anyone with severe food allergies. Menu includes dairy, fish, shellfish, gluten, and nuts.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to the inherent risks involved in this type of tour, pregnant guests are not permitted to participate.
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – please stress to your clients the importance of dressing appropriately.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY/ASSUMPTION OF RISK FORM: Every participant on the trip must sign a Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk form at the start of the trip.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Above and Beyond Alaska
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff