Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 3.5-hour rafting tour of Mendenhall Glacier from Juneau
- See the glacier from a totally unique perspective
- Your rafting guide will lead you through Class II and III rapids, making for a fun and exhilarating experience
- You choose if you'd like to help paddle or just sit back and enjoy the ride
- Alaskan-style snacks will be provided
- Suitable for all ages and no prior experience is required
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
JUNEAU MEETING PLACE: On the sidewalk, under the cables of the Mt. Roberts Tram. When you arrive at the meeting area, look for the Alaska Travel Adventures tour representative. They will be wearing a red jacket/shirt and a red hat. Look for our distinctive Caribou logo.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Each raft holds up to 12 passengers and is rowed by a guide. Seeking hands-on fun? Go ahead and join a paddle-raft team. Then, travel across the lake dotted with icebergs, and set course on a nearby river to begin a 6-mile (9.6-km) route. Enjoy unparalleled views of the glacier, and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife along the way, including bald eagles, black bears, otters and seals, and salmon during spawning season.
Note the towering mountains rising above a valley floor and lush forests as you make your way through river features like Pin Ball Alley, Tourist Trap and Moon Flats. A photographer on shore will capture shots of your rafting adventure (available for purchase as a great souvenir).
Reach the last stretch and celebrate with an Alaskan-style snack, along with a cup of Martha’s Mendenhall Madness (a heady wine cocktail) or hot cider. Enjoy a relaxing drive back to your Juneau hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
- Children must weigh at least 50 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jackets
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Travel Adventures Inc.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "That is all well and good if you get there first, but misleading for those who can't control the order of the boats." See review