Departure & Return
The “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area, including the majority of cruise ship passengers.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age minimum of 12 years or older only
- Safety harnesses fit up to 42 inch waist size and 28" inch leg size. Not able to accommodate larger waist/leg sizes. Max. weight is 250lbs per person
- You must include the following in the comments section when booking: rain gear & shoe sizes for each passenger, (for adult men and women, S-XXL and youth, S-L) and any pertinent medical information
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide their ship's name
- At time of booking, clients staying locally must provide the name of their place of lodging
- At the time of booking, clients must provide the following for each participant: name, age, height/weight, rain gear and shoe size, and any pertinent information regarding medical issues (or history) and allergies. Smallest shoe size that can be accommodated is Youth 2 and largest is Adult 14.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All participants must be physically capable of paddling 5-6 miles round-trip and hiking/trekking approx. 2 miles round-trip
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All participants are required to sign a waiver before beginning the trip
- Accessing ice caves, moulins, or any other glacial feature is not guaranteed: Due to the dynamic nature of the Mendenhall Glacier features are in constant change. Your guide will assess each available feature prior to accessing to determine if it’s safe to explore. The Mendenhall Glacier is receding on a daily basis and due to this we are seeing significant changes to the surface of the glacier. There are very limited safe areas to access and explore on the ice with crampons. Safety is our number one priority and we can not guarantee every trip will hike on the glacier. We assess conditions day to day. The edge of the glacier has some of the most stunning features; caves, tunnels, tubes, and crevasses which create those beautiful blue colors.
- Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Above and Beyond Alaska
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff