- Experience the best of Juneau in one day!
- Get fantastic up-close views of the famous Mendenhall Glacier
- Embark on a whale-watching adventure on a sightseeing boat around Auke Bay
- Enjoy the aromas and flavors of a traditional Alaskan salmon bake
- Watch a Tlingit Master Carver at work and learn about his ancestral craft
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Juneau hotels included
Departure & Return
JUNEAU MEETING PLACE: On the sidewalk, under the cables of the Mt. Roberts Tram. When you arrive at the meeting area, look for the Alaska Travel Adventures tour representative. They will be wearing a red jacket/shirt and a red hat. Look for our distinctive Caribou logo
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Continue to Auke Bay for your whale-watching cruise. The extra-large windows and exterior observation deck of the 48-passenger jet boat give you prime vantage points to spot humpback whales. Hear about the surrounding geology and marine life from your naturalist guide on board.
Back on land, settle in for an all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake, with traditional menu items that typically include grilled salmon, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages, and a mouthwatering selection of other side dishes. (Beer and wine are available for purchase.) Finish off your meal with blueberry cake for dessert.
You’ll also get to see a Tlingit Master Carver and his son at work. Watch as they carve into 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and fashion silver jewelry. Gain insight into their craft and Tlingit culture, and then perhaps purchase unique works of art as souvenirs from the gift shop.
Your 6-hour experience ends with a relaxing drive back to your hotel in Juneau.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Travel Adventures Inc.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.