- Shore excursion of a 3.5-hour whale-watching tour with lunch or dinner in Juneau
- Watch orcas, humpbacks and other wildlife in the Inside Passage
- Once you're back in town, enjoy Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab.
- Select from a variety of departure times to suit your schedule
- Round-trip coach transport to Auke Bay Harbor and meal included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Look for the representative wearing a bright blue hat that says "Juneau Tours"
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
From Auke Bay, step aboard a jet boat or catamaran with spacious viewing decks and a heated cabin for your 2-hour cruise. Set sail into the Inside Passage, a coastal route filled with glaciers and fjords. Amid snowcapped mountains and fjords, enjoy sightings of sea lions, otters and bald eagles.
Once a whale is spotted, your captain slows down the boat and shuts off the motor. From May to September, keep watch for pods of whales, including calves that glide alongside their mothers. Catch them rolling along the water, and don’t be surprised if their curiosity brings them closer to your drifting boat.
Cruise past rocky outcrops dotted with harbor seals, sea lions and otters busy at work and play. You’ll return to your ship with plenty of amazing photos and video of wildlife.
Once you're back in town, enjoy Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Juneau port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour time is a check-in time, departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Ship Name
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Must be able to take 3 steps into\out of bus.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - dress in layers and the likely chance of rain.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- OPERATED BY Juneau Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.