Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
The “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area, including the majority of cruise ship passengers.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This trip operates in all weather conditions (barring unsafe conditions, to be determined by ABAK) – please stress to your clients the importance of dressing appropriately
- All passenger shoe sizes and rain gear sizes advised at time of booking
- Our kayaks can accommodate a maximum torso (waist-chest) diameter of 55 inches (140cm). Maximum weight limit is 600lbs (272kg) for double kayaks. People taller than 6’2″ (188cm) find operating the rudder challenging, as the pedals only adjust to a certain maximum distance; however, people as tall as 6’8″ have been able to paddle our kayaks.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All Clients will be outfitted in double and must know how to swim. Clients should be able to confidently paddle for up to 2 hours.
- PLEASE NOTE, we cannot guarantee whale or wildlife sightings. This is Wild Alaska!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to the inherent risks involved in this type of tour, pregnant guests are not permitted to participate.
- Participants must inform ABAK of all dietary issues or restrictions. ABAK can accommodate some dietary restrictions, but do not advise this tour for anyone with severe food allergies. Menu includes dairy, fish, shellfish, gluten, and nuts.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY/ASSUMPTION OF RISK FORM: Every participant on the trip must sign a Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk form at the start of the trip.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Above and Beyond Alaska
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff