- Take a helicopter flight over the Juneau Icefield
- Admire incredible rock formations and icefalls from above
- Land on a glacier for a guided walk along the icefield
- Enjoy informative commentary from your expert pilot-guide
Departure & Return
Turn right into Airport car rental lot and an immediate left. Drive towards end of parking lot, our main office is located on the ground level. It is a greenish large hangar
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Hop into a state-of-the-art helicopter for your memorable flight over Juneau Icefield as you fly toward Taku Glacier, Herbert Glacier, Norris Glacier or Lemon Glacier. Relax and soak in your natural surroundings as your informative pilot points out topographical landmarks and explains Alaska’s natural history, geology and meteorology.
Next, make a smooth landing on a glacier and follow your pilot on a guided walk along the icefield surrounded by peaks covered with snow and ice. Enjoy the different vantage point of the breathtaking scenery and be sure to capture your experience with photos!
After your time on the glacier, savor more aerial views on your helicopter flight back to Juneau. Snap a few final photos and warm up before you’re returned to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: All passenger names and weights MUST be advised at time of booking, as they are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting. To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 280 lbs (127 kg) or more must pay an additional USD$100 to secure extra space in the aircraft. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- No-bag policy. If you have medical needs that require a carry on, please note at time of booking. All bags brought to base will be stored in the tour office until you return from your flight
- Dress warmly and in layers, and wear rubber-soled shoes such as a light hiking boot or athletic shoes. The tour company will provide overshoes and can supply raincoats as needed. Remember to bring your camera, film and binoculars!
- If you require hotel pickup, please provide hotel name and location at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time or full refund
- Cancellation policy: 100% non-refundable
- Please ensure your weight is in the correct format (kgs/lbs) when you include your weight at checkout
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Coastal Helicopters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands