Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group tour of Chena Hot Springs Resort and the northern lights from Fairbanks and the North Pole
- Explore the resort’s Aurora Ice Museum, home to intricately carved sculptures and an ice bar
- Soak in the outdoor hot mineral springs, hot tubs, or indoor pool
- Witness the aurora borealis at one of the best viewing locations in the area, known for its high concentration of lights and clear skies
- Snacks, meals, and additional beverages are available for purchase at the resort’s Aurora Café
- Round-trip transport from Fairbanks and North Pole hotels provided
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
What To Expect
Engage in a variety of activities while you wait for the sky to darken to view the northern lights. First, tour one of the most unique museums you’ll ever visit, the Aurora Ice Museum, constructed out of over 1,000 tons of ice and snow. Marvel at ice sculptures by world-renowned carvers Steve and Heather Brice, whose work includes life-size jousters on horses and a two-level tower with a circular staircase.
Fancy a drink? Head over to the museum’s bar, settle in on a caribou fur–covered stool and purchase a cocktail poured into a martini glass carved out of ice. For food, check out the offerings at the Aurora Café or the Chena Hot Springs Resort Restaurant (own expense).
Or, put on your bathing suit and work on loosening those knots in your back. Slip into the resort’s hot springs, which swirl with lake water averaging 106 degrees Fahrenheit (41 degrees Celsius) all year. Escape to an outdoor hot tub and unwind under the stars. A heated indoor pool is also available.
Then, dress warmly and meet your guide for a small group outing to watch for the northern lights. You’ll be taken to prime viewing locations at Chena Hot Springs, a great spot to witness the green and purple ribbons of light dazzling the sky. If you prefer to be indoors, you can see the action from inside the Aurora Café. Either way, you’ll be holding a warm drink as you gaze at the celestial wonder. Afterward, enjoy transport back to your hotel, with a commemorative certificate of your viewing experience at Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please don't forget to bring bathing suits, bath towels, at least 2 quarter for each locker and a photo id for the cocktail in the ice museum. (has to be purchased separately)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The outside rock pool is only allowed for Adults 18 years and up. However, children are allowed in the inside pool.
- Pregnant travelers are not allowed in the outside rock pool.
- We have enough room for a foldable wheelchair. The hot springs are wheelchair accessible.
- We can only pick up from inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. For other locations, you will need to go to an agreed location (eg Walmart), please contact our office to discuss if you are staying outside the city limits.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews