5 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Capture the photos of the Northern Lights that you have been dreaming of on this guided night trip to the Murphy Dome from Fairbanks. One of the tallest peaks in the region, Murphy Dome provides one of the best vantage points to witness the Aurora Borealis. Watch the night sky blaze with color while savoring a hot beverage. Hotel transport included.
- Northern Lights viewing at the Murphy Dome
- Enjoy the Aurora Borealis at a former United States Air Force General Surveillance Radar station
- Learn about the science of the Northern Lights from an informative guide
- Sip warm beverages like hot cocoa, tea and coffee while you watch the night sky
- Round-trip hotel transport from Fairbanks included
Saved to wishlist!
Beverages (hot cocoa, tea and coffee)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all major hotel in Fairbanks, not Airbnb nor private residences.
All other locations we ask to meet us at Morris Thompson Cultural & Visitors Center for pick up.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note the Aurora is a natural occurrence. We can never guarantee that guests will see the aurora.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY 1st Alaska Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Northern Lights Murphy Dome Viewing in Fairbanks?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Northern Lights Murphy Dome Viewing in Fairbanks?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Northern Lights Murphy Dome Viewing in Fairbanks?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Northern Lights Murphy Dome Viewing in Fairbanks
5 hours 15 minutes
5 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursBus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingFairbanksNight Tours - AlaskaBus Tours - AlaskaNature and Wildlife - AlaskaHalf-day Tours - AlaskaCategory