- Full-day hiking tour to Wickersham Dome, from Fairbanks
- Hike in a spectacular setting with an expert guide
- See wildflowers, alpine meadows and forest, and perhaps some wildlife
- Learn about the animals and plants of the White Mountains
- Includes light refreshments, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We do pick up from any address inside the city limits of Fairbanks and North Pole. We are not able to pick you up from the Airport.
If you are staying with alaska-wildlife-cabins-and-hostel, you can hop right into our vans and there is no pick up needed.
If you are staying outside the city limits, we can meet you at the local Walmart.
Pick up occurs between 8 am and 9 am, depending on your pickup location. Please contact us 1 to 2 days before tour begin about your exact pickup time and more information.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
One of the most popular hiking trails in the White Mountains, the Wickersham Dome Trail runs through boreal forest with both white and black spruce, birch and aspen, and alpine meadows covered in wildflowers, moss and lichens. As you ascend to higher elevations, take in 360-degree views of the mountain ranges of the region.
If you visit in late summer and early fall, the arctic landscape features colorful growth and the possibility of finding blueberries, cranberries and crow berries. If you're lucky, you might see wildlife such as moose, snowshoe hare, owls, hawks and bald eagles. The White Mountains are also home to grizzly bears, black bears, caribou and Dall sheep.
Your guide shares informative commentary about the region's human and natural history as you walk at a leisurely pace for several miles, with frequent breaks for rest stops and photo ops. Keep up your energy by snacking on the provided light refreshments.
At the end of your full-day tour, your guide returns you to your hotel in Fairbanks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Tour duration is about 6-8 hours (transportation time is not included)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized