- 5-hour hiking trip to Angel Rock from Fairbanks
- Embark on a 3.5-mile loop of a moderate level
- Trek along the Chena River and admire views of Angel Creek Valley
- Learn about the local geology from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We do pick up from any address inside the city limits. Please leave us a note if you don't see your location.
If you are staying with Alaska-wildlife-cabins-and-hostel, there is no pick up needed and you can hop right into our vans.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
After morning hotel pickup, travel 55 miles east of Fairbanks. Upon arrival in the park, start at the trailhead and follow your guide along the Chena River and pass a stream over mossy rocks. Your path, marked with rock cairns, narrows as you climb uphill past a large valley with granite formations.
With luck, you might just spot wildlife, such as beavers, grouse, moose, and black or grizzly bears, just to name a few.
Reach the summit in just under two miles (three km) from the trailhead. Catch your breath, walk along a ridge and snap frame-worthy photos of Angel Creek Valley. Hear about the local ecosystem and the ridge that follows the Chena Dome Trail.
Spend time at the top before following your guide back down the trail. Your tour ends with transport back to your Fairbanks hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized