6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Seek out the colorful northern lights on a private tour near Fairbanks, Alaska. Set out with your private guide to an off-grid location—with little to no light pollution—or choose to chase the lights by van. Once you’ve locked eyes on the natural phenomenon, get your photography gear out to capture what you’re seeing with tips from your guide.
- Enjoy hot chocolate and snacks while watching the lights
- A private tour ensures a personalized experience
- Warm up around a bonfire at the homestead location
- Hassle-free hotel transfers included from Fairbanks
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee and/or Tea
Covid-19 Health and Safety measures
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all airbanks and Northpole locations with good access.
- Fairbanks Intl Airport, 6450 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Howling Bay Kennels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Northern lights chasing and Aurora Photgraphy?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Northern lights chasing and Aurora Photgraphy?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Northern lights chasing and Aurora Photgraphy?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Northern lights chasing and Aurora Photgraphy?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Northern lights chasing and Aurora Photgraphy
3 hours 40 minutes
5 hours 15 minutes