12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience a scenic winter Alaska railroad trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage aboard the Aurora Winter Train. You’ll ride in a heated railcar with comfortable seats, large picture windows, and onboard dining options. This scenic full-day railroad trip follows the same backcountry stretch of tracks as the summer Denali Star Train, and offers spectacular views of the pristine snow-covered landscape and North America’s highest mountain peak.
- One-way Alaska railroad trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- Buy your tickets ahead of time to guarantee your seat
- Follow a scenic route through the backcountry south of Hurricane Gulch
- Unobstructed view of Denali from the railcar’s large picture windows
Saved to wishlist!
One-way rail transportation from Fairbanks to Anchorage
Comfortable reserved seating in non-smoking cars
Optional dining and snack bar
Lodging in Anchorage
Tours and activities in Anchorage
Transportation after arriving in Anchorage
These options can be booked independently or through Alaska Railroad directly after booking.
Departure & Return
1031 Alaska Railroad Depot Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Railroad Corporation
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Alaska Railroad Aurora Winter Fairbanks to Anchorage One Way?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Alaska Railroad Aurora Winter Fairbanks to Anchorage One Way?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Alaska Railroad Aurora Winter Fairbanks to Anchorage One Way?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ServicesTransportation ServicesTransfers & Ground TransportFairbanksRail Services - AlaskaTransportation Services - AlaskaCategory