- 3-hour ATV off–roading experience from Healy
- Drive the ATV or ride along with the guide
- See the wilds of Alaska up close
- Learn about the plant and animal life around Healy
- Feast on a meal served up in the backcountry
Departure & Return
If you are driving yourself please let us know when booking. We are located at 1.2 Mile Otto Lake Road. Turn onto Otto Lake Road at mile 247 George Parks Highway. Our pick up time is the time listed at your booking so if driving please arrive 15 minutes later than the time you choose for your tour
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get fitted with the provided gear, including helmet, safety goggles, gloves and rain gear as needed, then practice driving your Polaris ATV. Basic driving skills are required to handle the ATV, but no specific ATV experience is necessary.
When you're ready, follow your guide on an exciting off–road tour. If you are not comfortable driving, you can ride with your guide for an equally exhilarating ATV experience.
Travel along old coal mining trails and a dry creek bed where Athabascan (Native American) artifacts have been found. Stop to check out an old abandoned cabin, then continue through the wilderness with spectacular views of the Alaska Range and mountain scenery. Go high up on Black Diamond Peak for sweeping views of the entire Healy Valley and keep an eye out for wildlife.
Your tour includes a backcountry meal of fresh–baked biscuits and gravy, bacon, reindeer sausage, fresh fruit, home-style flapjacks, fresh scrambled eggs and more. During afternoon and evening tours, sink your teeth into mouth-watering ribs, chicken, steak and salmon fresh from the coastal waters of Alaska, plus baked beans and potato salad. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious fruit cobbler for dessert. Juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate accompany the meal, and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
At the end of your meal, hop back on your ATV for the return journey. Your tour ends with return to your starting point at the end of three hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Black Diamond Resort Co
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.