Explore our promoted experiences
- Helicopter adventure with a landing in a remote valley
- Get amazing views of the Big Island of Hawaii
- Soar over the active Kilauea volcano and look for flowing lava
- See the lush Kohala Coast from the air
- Land at a private landing site and enjoy free time in a remote tropical setting
- Listen to descriptive narration from your professional pilot
- HAI and ISBAO safety certified operator
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Heliport at Kona International Airport Address: 73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Soar over Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and its most famous feature, Kilauea Volcano. See evidence of the most recent eruption of Kilauea, which ranks among the most active volcanoes in the world. You might even see puffs of smoke and molten lava spewing from its crater. Gain a new perspective on the dramatic cliffs and waterfalls of the Kohala Coast, as well as lush inland mountains and valleys.
Touch down on a remote, rarely visited section of the island and enjoy free time to explore this secluded tropical paradise. After strolling and relaxing among your private slice of island heaven, climb back aboard the helicopter to continue your airborne tour of Hawaii’s highlights.
The tour concludes back at the Kona airport, where you can pose for pictures with your pilot and helicopter if you like.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks are required for the duration of the flight
- Learn about our elevated health & safety protocol to help observe the COVID-related requirements of social distancing and sanitization in our website
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Paradise Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms