30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Ride deep into the heart of Kohala on this open-door Hawaii helicopter tour of the Big Island. There is hardly a better way to view the lush beauty of Kohala’s valleys and waterfalls than a doors-off helicopter flight, which brings you up close to sheer cliffs along the coast. Live commentary is provided via a two-way headset, ensuring you don’t miss a thing.
- Doors-off Hawaii helicopter tour of the Kohala Coast with pilot’s live commentary
- View towering waterfalls and epic scenes aboard a 4-passenger helicopter
- Soar above the valleys of Kohala with just a camera between you and the sights
- Discover the geography and history of King Kamehameha’s birthplace
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
A once-in-a-lifetime experience — feeling the heat of volcanic lava is incredible. Just be aware it's windy on the flight, so dress warmly. If you have long hair, tie it back, so you can enjoy the glorious views nuisance-free.
Saved to wishlist!
Two-way headset communication with your pilot
Live commentary on board
Landing and facility fees
Departure & Return
Waimea-Kohala Airport , Waimea-Kohala Airport Rd, Waimea, HI 96743, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to safety concerns, customers are not allowed to bring any personal items on the flight
- Due to weather, flights may be 25 to 35 minutes in length
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 4 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks are required at all times on the aircraft
- Learn about our elevated health & safety protocol to help observe the COVID-related requirements of social distancing and sanitization.
- Children under 12 years of age are not able to sit next to an open door
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Paradise Helicopters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Doors-Off Hawaii Helicopter Tour of Kohala Valleys and Waterfalls?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Doors-Off Hawaii Helicopter Tour of Kohala Valleys and Waterfalls?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Doors-Off Hawaii Helicopter Tour of Kohala Valleys and Waterfalls?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Doors-Off Hawaii Helicopter Tour of Kohala Valleys and Waterfalls?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Doors-Off Hawaii Helicopter Tour of Kohala Valleys and Waterfalls
1 hour 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Helicopter ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiHelicopter Tours - HawaiiHelicopter Tours - MauiHelicopter Tours - OahuCategory
Saddle Road (Hawaii Route 200) Tours & TicketsMountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & TicketsImiloa Astronomy Center Tours & TicketsChain of Craters Road Tours & TicketsKahua Ranch Tours & TicketsIsaac Hale Beach Park Tours & TicketsPuʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park Tours & TicketsHilo Cruise Port Tours & TicketsKilauea Iki Crater Tours & TicketsWaimea Tours & TicketsKaʻu Coffee Mill Tours & TicketsHualalai Volcano Tours & TicketsKula Kai Caverns Tours & TicketsThurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) Tours & TicketsKohala Coast Tours & TicketsHonopua Farm Tours & TicketsKailua Pier Tours & TicketsHawi Tours & TicketsKona (Kailua Bay) Cruise Port Tours & TicketsKolekole Falls Tours & Tickets