- Learn about the local ecosystem as you go
- Visit endangered species housed at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Drive down Portage Glacier Road included
- Round-trip transportation from Anchorage included
Departure & Return
- We will pick you up at the downtown Anchorage Visitors Center behind log cabin. We normally park right behind the red trolley. It is an active loading and unloading zone so please be ready on time as the driver will have be asked by parking enforcement to move after 10 minutes.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, which provides refuge for animals that cannot survive in the wild. See the various species of wild animals that the center currently provides care for, including wood bison, musk ox, and lynx.
After your visit, travel down Portage Glacier Road to view some of the glaciers in the area, and walk through the Potter Marsh Bird Sanctuary to view even more wildlife.
Return to Anchorage at the end of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for Infants or Passengers who cannot walk for 40 minutes on their own.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska's Finest Tours & Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "It is a bit of a drive out to the conservation centre which took up a lot of time but it is unavoidable." See review
- "At the conservation park, there were limited food choices (if you are gf or diabetic, take your own snack or eat well just before." See review
- "If it had been sunny it would have been better It was nice to see the glaciers" See review