- Stop for photos and wildlife spotting at Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge and Beluga Point
- Observe Alaskan wild animals up close at Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Have lunch (not provided) in the quaint town of Girdwood near Mt. Alyeska
- Learn from the knowledgeable guide about Alaska's natural history and wildlife
Departure & Return
Our silver Mercedes Sprinter van will be parked along the curb in front of the Egan Center
What To Expect
Head towards the Portage Valley as your guide shares informative commentary on the wildlife and history of Turnagain Arm and Chugach National Forest. Stop to look for wildlife such as caribou and moose, and snap photos at the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge and Beluga Point. All stops provide great views of the narrow Turnagain Arm waterway, which connects to the Gulf of Alaska and the Cook Inlet.
Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a wildlife reserve that rehabilitates orphaned and injured wild animals from the Chugach National Forest region, including caribou, elk, moose, musk ox, deer, bears, and bison—some of Alaska's biggest land animals. See the animals and birds of prey during your time at the center.
Next up, drive to Mt. Alyeska and purchase lunch at a favorite local spot in the picturesque ski resort town of Girdwood, which was once a mining town. Then ascend the road that climbs into the Chugach Mountains where you get for sweeping views of the Turnagain Arm.
Your tour comes to an end when your guide returns you to your Anchorage hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Planet Earth Adventures, LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.