- Scenic drive along the Turnagain Arm, looking for wildlife along the way
- Visit the 12 endangered species housed at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Includes a cruise past Portage Glacier with Park Service Ranger
- Hassle-free round-trip transportation from Anchorage included
Departure & Return
Departure PointAnchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
We park behind the red trolley on the corner of 4th and F street.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, which provides refuge for animals that cannot survive in the wild. See the 12 species of wild animals that the center currently provides care for, including wood bison, musk ox, and lynx.
After your visit, board a boat for a glacier cruise up to the face of Portage Glacier. Ride up to 300 feet (91 meters) from the glacier cliff for an up-close look at this massive wall of ice.
Return to Anchorage at the end of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide hotel information at booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska's Finest Tours & Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Great wildlife park bears reindeer moose elk and Portage glacier cruise great driver friendly and knowledgeable great afternoon excursion" See review