- 4-hour tour of the Turnagain Arm and Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Stop at viewpoints to look for wildlife
- See wild animals up close at Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Learn about native Alaskan wildlife from local, informative guides
- Take in the scenic beauty of Turnagain Arm and Chugach National Forest
Departure & Return
Please look for our silver Mercedes Sprinter van parked by the front curb of the Egan Center.
What To Expect
Your knowledgeable guide shares fascinating commentary about the wildlife of Turnagain Arm and the Chugach National Forest area. Stop at the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge, Beluga Point and Bird Point to get different vantage points on the Turnagain Arm, and look for wildlife such as moose, caribou and eagles. The Turnagain Arm is a narrow branch of the Cook Inlet, which connects to the Gulf of Alaska.
Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a wildlife reserve located at the edge of Portage Valley. On the sprawling refuge, injured and orphaned wild animals are rehabilitated, including large Alaskan land animals like grizzly bears, wood bison, caribou, moose, musk ox and deer. View the animals up close and learn about their backstory as you walk around the large wildlife center.
Your 4-hour tour ends with return to your Anchorage hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Activity level is easy. Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.We strongly recommend that guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance. Neither Planet Earth Adventures nor our suppliers may physically lift or assist guests onto transportation vehicles or otherwise.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Planet Earth Adventures, LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff