The Queen Mary
Visitors can spend the night in one of the ship’s 346 suites and staterooms, but even if you’re not an overnight guest, you can have a meal, cocktails, or afternoon tea in one ofQueen Mary’s restaurants and bars; the Observation Bar, located in the former first-class lounge, is a favorite for its classic 1930s art deco flavor.
The ship offers multiple themed tours, including a ghost tour and a “steam and steel” option that takes you into the boiler and engine rooms. Visitors can also take a self-guided tour and choose from an array of optional activities and exhibits. Tours of theQueen Mary are included in the Go Los Angeles Card and often on tours focused on Los Angeles’ beaches. You can also get a bird’s-eye view of the ship on a helicopter tour from Long Beach.
Things to Know Before You Go
TheQueen Mary is a must-see for history and maritime enthusiasts.
The ship’s Champagne Sunday brunch, featuring global cuisine and live music, is a local favorite and has been rated one of the world’s best hotel brunches.
To get onboard the ship, you need to have a reservation for a room, restaurant, or tour.
Restaurants offer partial parking validation.
How to Get There
TheQueen Mary is a short stroll from the Carnival Cruise Line harbor. It’s a 40-minute walk, 10-minute drive, or 25-minute ride on the free Passport bus from Downtown Long Beach.
When to Get There
The ship is open year-round, although opening hours vary between restaurants; check the website. One of the ship’s most popular events is its New Year’s celebrations, which has its own fireworks display. The ship’s hotel offers packages for those wanting to attend and spend the night.
Docked near Downtown Long Beach, it’s easy to combine a visit to theQueen Mary with the Aquarium of the Pacific, the Pike at Long Beach entertainment complex, or the funky East Village Arts District, which is filled with independent galleries, shops, and restaurants.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Los Angeles World Cruise Center
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- San Pedro
- Los Angeles Opera (LA Opera)
- Disneyland® Park
- Watts Towers
- Orange County Coast
- Manhattan Beach
- Los Angeles Little Tokyo
- Citadel Outlets
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (LA Coliseum)
- California Science Center
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHM)
- University of Southern California (USC)
- LA Fashion District