Things to Do on Kauai With Kids
Read MoreShow Less
While the Garden Island of Kauai is known for quiet beaches and beautiful scenery, it's also a great place for families with kids—especially if adventure is on the cards. Here are some of the best ways to experience Kauai with kids:
- Take a helicopter ride over the island for birds-eye views of Manawaiopuna Falls, the waterfall featured in the opening scenes of Jurassic Park.
- Hop in a 4WD vehicle for an off-road adventure through the island's wilderness.
- Go ziplining at Koloa Zipline, where small kids can ride tandem. The course here features eight ziplines, including the lengthy Waita zipline.
- Go kayaking on the Wailua River and check out local wildlife along the way.
- Hike through the Waimea Canyon State Park, the Pacific's answer to the Grand Canyon.
- Watch seawater fly high into the air on a day trip to the Spouting Horn blowhole.
3 Tours and Activities
Sort by: Featured
See the natural wonders of Kauai from the air on this scenic helicopter flight from Lihue. Sights include Waimea Canyon (known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific), Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Park Falls), Na Pali Coast State Park, the Hanalei Valley waterfalls, and more. Cruise port pickup and drop-off provided from Nawiliwili Harbor. Select a departure time when booking.
Get a new perspective on Kauai as you soar through lush forests and over the Waita Reservoir on the island’s longest ziplines. While cruising across the 8-track course near Koloa, hang on to the handlebars or try some more daring acrobatic stunts with the hands-free ‘Flyin' Kauai'an’ harness.
Embark into the heart of the Kauai jungle on a kayaking and hiking adventure. You'll paddle along the Wailua River, then continue another mile on foot to a spectacular 100-foot-tall waterfall. A picnic lunch awaits you, as well as ample time to cool off in a local swimming hole and savor the surrounding valley's lush rainforest scenery, such as tropical plants and streams. Your guide will offer plenty of details about the Wailua Valley, including its unique botanical offerings and the ancient cultures who thrived here, throughout the day.