The town of Kapaau is one hour from Kona and 30 minutes from Waikoloa. Swimming can be rough along the coast, and most afternoons are characterized by wind and the potential for passing showers. Since tourism is such a mainstay of Kapaau's economy, most businesses are open for visitors seven days per week.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer